Think you’re stuck without coverage in a hit and run? Think again.

Let’s say you’ve been involved in an accident as a driver, a cyclist or a pedestrian. In most cases, if the accident was the fault of another driver, you would simply seek recovery from their insurance company. They caused the accident, so their insurance company should compensate you for your injuries and damaged property. But what if the other driver has inadequate insurance coverage, or no insurance coverage at all? Or what if the driver left the scene of the accident before you were able to identify them? As if being in an accident isn’t stressful enough, situations like these can cause a great deal of anxiety for injured victims of auto accidents. But the good news is there still might be a way for you to recover your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and more.

Fortunately, most drivers in Illinois have auto insurance policies that include uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. In these situations, your insurance company will step in and take the place of the absent or inadequate insurance of the driver who was at fault and compensate you in the same manner the other driver’s insurance would have. Whether you’re driving your own car, walking down the street or cycling on public roadways, your own auto insurance policy, or even a policy owned by one of your immediate family members, may provide you with the compensation you would have otherwise sought from the other driver

Unfortunately, in these situations your own insurance company will do whatever it can to pay you as little as possible, and this is where we come in. Chicago Bike Law Firm has experience dealing with uninsured motorist and hit and run claims and CBLF knows how to properly navigate the notoriously difficult procedures of insurance companies in these circumstances.

Have you been the victim of a hit and run or an uninsured, underinsured or otherwise unidentifiable drivers as a cyclist, pedestrian or motorist? Contact us now for a free consultation.